Please check below the program of summer cultural events 2016 of Rethymnon Municipality.
The first public excavation of this hatching sea turtle Caretta Caretta season will be held on Monday, July 25 at 18:00 in Adele, Rethymno, in front of the hotel and Caramel Grecotel Boutique Resort.
We invite and welcome you to the largest summer festival in Crete, the 5th Cretan Diet Festival, in the heart of the island, the beautiful town of Rethymno.
An authentic Cretan Feast, where its people, the Cretan earth and its creations, gastronomy, culture, tradition and music are honored.
The Region of Crete the Regional Unit of Rethymno, the Municipality of Rethymno and the Camber of Rethymno are jointly organizing the Cretan Diet Festival in order to support and promote the Cretan land products and the culture of its people.
We invite you to honor with your presence the events of "Cretan Diet Festival" Friday, 1st July at 20:00 in the Municipal Garden of Rethymno.
Please check bellow for the invitation, the information leaflet and the programme.
Wandering around the historical center and the villages near Rethymno is a unique experience. However, Rethymno from above is certainly a breathtaking experience. Enjoy the video which was created for the Municipality of Rethymno, by the Serbian production company SPECIALIS. (www.specialis.rs)
The Municipality of Rethymno, in the framework of actions promoting sport activities in the town, organized the second edition of the Rethymno Beach Running.
Local and tourists, amateurs and professional athletes were invited to take part to the 5 km race that took place on Sunday 14th July 2013 at 8.30 am along the beautiful sandy beach of the town.
The event was a chance for everyone to experience one of the most natural and healthy sport in the world, spending a joyful and active sunday morning on the beach.
The Municipality of Rethymno, in the framework of actions promoting sport activities in the town, organizes for the second year the Rethymno Beach Running.
Local and tourists, amateurs and professional athletes are invited to take part to the 5 km race taking place on Sunday 14th July 2013 at 8.30 am along the beautiful sandy beach of the town.
In Rethymno you can enjoy the breathtaking sight of an endless sandy beach that meets on one side the blue see and on the other the enchanting view of the city. For all the time Winter and summer! The beach of Rethymno is 12 km long, it starts from the historical city center and extends to the Eastern part of the isle reaching Scaleta. Rethymno beach has fine-grained brilliant light brown sand.
Where you can walk barefoot and feel how soft and beautiful it is. There's nothing more rejuvenating than kicking off your shoes to sink your toes into powdery-golden, squeaky-clean beach sand.
Sunset in Rethymno!
produced by Department of Tourism
MUNICIPALITY OF RETHYMNO
A year has passed since the brutal murder of innocents in Norway.
Rethymno remembers and honors the memory of innocent fellow citizens, victims of such an inconceivable violence.
- Subscribe to our NewsLetter!
- 27/06/16, Program of Summer Cultural Events of Rethymnon Municipality 2016
- 13/09/16, Fall in Rethymno!
- 25/07/16, First public excavation on Monday from Archelon
- 30/06/16, Cretan Diet Festival 2016
- 16/06/16, Cretan Diet Festival 2016
- 26/05/16, Οpening of the Archaeological Museum of ancient Eleutherna
- Video: Rethymno from above
- Ancora una volta è iniziata a Rethymno la stagione della schiusa delle uova di tartaruga marina!
- Rethymno celebrates the very first hatchling of the endagered careta - careta sea turtle, in all Greece
- Renaissance Festival of Rethymno 2013
- 14th July 2013 - Rethymno Beach Running
- 14th July 2013 - Rethymno Beach Running, 5 Km of Run and Fun
- 03/06/13, Rethymno Energy Day - 07 June 2013
- Cretan Diet Festival 01-07 July 2012