CASTWATER is the first Interreg MED project supporting sustainable tourism policies & practices on water efficiency in coastal areas. The transnational challenge is to reduce the impact of tourism activities on environmental heritage and to improve management of water resources. The project's overall objective is to support sustainable tourism water management in Med coastal areas, by improving the monitoring and assessment of the water sustainability performance of the tourism sector.
In this project a consortium of 11 partners representing 10 EU Regions will share knowledge in order to address the need for improving knowledge and practices regarding measurement & assessment methods, about ways to promote awareness on sustainable tourism water management and ideas to support the adoption of water efficiency solutions in the partnership areas.
Wandering around the historical center and the villages near Rethymno is a unique experience. However, Rethymno from above is certainly a breathtaking experience. Enjoy the video which was created for the Municipality of Rethymno, by the Serbian production company SPECIALIS. (www.specialis.rs)
The Municipality of Rethymno, in the framework of actions promoting sport activities in the town, organized the second edition of the Rethymno Beach Running.
Local and tourists, amateurs and professional athletes were invited to take part to the 5 km race that took place on Sunday 14th July 2013 at 8.30 am along the beautiful sandy beach of the town.
The event was a chance for everyone to experience one of the most natural and healthy sport in the world, spending a joyful and active sunday morning on the beach.
The Municipality of Rethymno, in the framework of actions promoting sport activities in the town, organizes for the second year the Rethymno Beach Running.
Local and tourists, amateurs and professional athletes are invited to take part to the 5 km race taking place on Sunday 14th July 2013 at 8.30 am along the beautiful sandy beach of the town.
In Rethymno you can enjoy the breathtaking sight of an endless sandy beach that meets on one side the blue see and on the other the enchanting view of the city. For all the time Winter and summer! The beach of Rethymno is 12 km long, it starts from the historical city center and extends to the Eastern part of the isle reaching Scaleta. Rethymno beach has fine-grained brilliant light brown sand.
Where you can walk barefoot and feel how soft and beautiful it is. There's nothing more rejuvenating than kicking off your shoes to sink your toes into powdery-golden, squeaky-clean beach sand.
Sunset in Rethymno!
produced by Department of Tourism
MUNICIPALITY OF RETHYMNO
A year has passed since the brutal murder of innocents in Norway.
Rethymno remembers and honors the memory of innocent fellow citizens, victims of such an inconceivable violence.
- Subscribe to our NewsLetter!
- 13/06/17, European Music Day 2017
- Video: Rethymno from above
- Ancora una volta è iniziata a Rethymno la stagione della schiusa delle uova di tartaruga marina!
- Rethymno celebrates the very first hatchling of the endagered careta - careta sea turtle, in all Greece
- Renaissance Festival of Rethymno 2013
- 14th July 2013 - Rethymno Beach Running
- 14th July 2013 - Rethymno Beach Running, 5 Km of Run and Fun
- 03/06/13, Rethymno Energy Day - 07 June 2013
- Cretan Diet Festival 01-07 July 2012
- Program of Renaissance Festival of Rethymno 2012
- Municipality of Rethymno Cultural Events 2012
- 21/08/12, Caretta caretta loggerhead sea turtle returned to her natural environment.
- A day on the sand beaches of Rethymno, Crete